With the premiere of the new movie, The Secret Life of Pets, opening in theaters all over the country, I thought that it might be fun to talk about our pampered pets and their behaviors. Here are the five top reasons why it's good to be a dog.
1. Nobody expects you to bathe every day.
2. Nobody cares where you scratch yourself. Anytime, anywhere.
3. Other people take care of combing your hair and manicuring your nails.
4. It's okay to have hair that grows in weird places.
5. If you pack on a pound or two, it's somebody else's fault.
It's good to be a dog in our house when Don is making treats because our two dogs get all the leftovers. YUM! Why is it good to be a dog in YOUR house? Write back and let us in on the not-so-secret life of your faithful companion!
Jane Hoffmann is a retired middle school teacher, professional soprano soloist and author of 31 books for teachers to use in their classrooms, as well as a devoted dog mom for over 20 years.